Blood Donor Program
Why we need blood donors...
A donation of blood means giving the gift of life to an animal that is sick or injured. Critically ill patients with cancer, anemia, underlying clotting problems, or trauma (i.e., internal bleeding from a motor vehicle accident) often need blood or plasma. Give your dog a chance to be a hero!
In return for donating blood, your dog will receive the following:
- Complimentary Comprehensive Blood work including Heartworm & Tick Testing
- Complimentary Fecal Testing
- Complimentary Blood Typing
- At least 50lbs (22kg)
- Between 1 - 8 years of age
- In good general health
- Up to date on core vaccines (Rabies & Distemper Combo)
- Heart worm negative
- Good temperament & able to sit still for blood collection (5-10minutes)
- No history of receiving a blood transfusion
CMVH's Registered Veterinary Technician, Ashley, heads up our blood donor program and would love to hear from you. If you think your pet would be a good candidate for our blood donor program, please contact Ashley at