Have Dr. John Travel to You!
Each week, Dr. John travels to clinics throughout Southern Ontario to perform orthopedic procedures. If you are interested in having our team travel to your clinic to perform a surgery please contact us at the clinic (519-927-5775) to be put in touch with Caledon Mountain Surgical Services
In our effort to provide you with the best possible service, and your patient with compassionate, competent care, we have found that cooperation and preparation will help minimize disruption to your practice while at the same time allowing us to work in a timely and efficient manner.
The day before the surgery, our staff will call you for the following information:
- Confirmation of day and time of surgery
- Information on the patient - species and size
On the day of the surgery:
- Dr. John will call as he gets closer to your clinic to give you an estimated time of arrival and to ask that the patient be pre-medicated.
- Please have a diagnostic radiograph available upon arrival.
- Please have an intravenous catheter placed and the patient prepared for surgery when Dr. John arrives.
Surgery & Post-Op Info
- Intravenous antibiotics are recommended intra-operatively.
- Pre-op, Intra-op and Post-op analgesia is highly recommended.
- Please make sure that any and all staff present in surgery follow aseptic technique and wear caps and masks to preserve the sterility of the procedure.
- Generally no bandaging or splinting is necessary but this may change depending on the nature of the procedure. Post-operative care sheets specific to the procedure will be provided.
As per C.V.O. regulations your staff is responsible for the induction, preparation and anesthetic monitoring of the patient.
Your staff is responsible for taking a post-operative radiograph. Please make sure that you have the necessary staff available and that all your radiographic equipment is on and in working order.
It is highly recommended that your clinic have a veterinarian present in the building in case of complications.