Requirements for Donors
Your pet must meet the following criteria in order to donate:
- They must be at least 50lbs/22kg
- Must be between 1 and 8 years of age
- Must be in general good health
- Must be heartworm negative
- Must be up-to-date on their rabies and distemper vaccines
- Must never have received a blood transfusion
- Needs to have a good temperament and be able to sit still for 5-10 minutes
Your Reward for Donating
As a show of our thanks for your pet’s generous donation, they will receive the following complimentary services: comprehensive blood work plus tick and heartworm testing, fecal testing, and blood typing.
If you are interested in having your companion become a donor for pets that are ill or injured, contact our Registered Veterinary Technician, Ashley, at 519-927-5775 for more information. We appreciate your help.