Some of the hormones that drive male and female pets to procreate also drive them to engage in disruptive behavior. When a male pet is neutered or a female pet is spayed, he or she will be more content focusing on you. Plus, they are less likely to leave home making them less likely to become lost or injured.
Behavioral benefits from spay and neuter surgery include the following:
- Male and female pets are less likely to roam looking for a mate
- Female cats do not go through a heat cycle that leaves them yowling and feeling uneasy
- Female dogs are free from messy heat cycles
- Male pets are less prone to inappropriate mounting behavior
- Male pets are less prone to aggressive or unruly behavior